- 60 ml (¼ cup) olive oil
- 1 leek, thinly sliced
- 1 fennel bulb, thinly sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1.25 litres (5 cups) chicken stock
- 3 skinless chicken breast fillets
- 1 bunch asparagus, cut into 2cm lengths
- 60 gm sugar snap peas, trimmed
- 150 gm frozen peas
- 3 eggs
- 100 ml lemon juice
- 1Combine olive oil, leek, fennel and garlic in a large saucepan, season to taste and cook over medium-high heat until tender (5-6 minutes).
- 2Add chicken stock and chicken breasts, bring to the boil, then reduce heat to medium and simmer until chicken is just cooked through (8-10 minutes).
- 3Remove chicken with a slotted spoon, cool slightly, then coarsely shred with fingers and return to pan.
- 4Add vegetables to pan and simmer until just tender (2-3 minutes).
- 5Whisk together eggs and lemon juice, add to pan and stir continuously until soup thickens (2-3 minutes, do not boil), season to taste and serve with plenty of crusty bread.