- 600 gm floury potatoes, such as Kennebec, peeled and cut into 2cm pieces
- 2 tbsp vegetable oil
- 2 chorizo sausages, skin removed, coarsely chopped
- 1 small onion, thinly sliced
- ½ cup coriander leaves, coarsely chopped (loosely packed)
- To serve: <a href='http://www.gourmettraveller.com.au/wheatflour_tortillas.htm'>wheat-flour tortillas</a> and green salsa (optional, see note)
- 1Cook potato in boiling salted water for 10 minutes or until just tender, drain and set aside. Heat oil in a frying pan over medium heat, add chorizo and sauté, stirring to break up, for 2 minutes or until brown. Using a slotted spoon, transfer chorizo to a plate, leaving oil in pan. Add potato and onion, sauté for 5 minutes or until brown, stir in chorizo and coriander to warm through and season to taste with sea salt and ground black pepper. Serve spooned into tortillas with green salsa to the side.
Note Green salsa is available from Mexican food stores such as Monterey Mexican Foods.
The Latest from Gourmet Traveller
- Fast RecipesCasarecce with pork sausage, cavolo nero and chilliYesterday 6:00am