The potato salad can be made a day ahead.
- 800 gm kipfler potatoes, thickly sliced
- 1 Spanish onion, coarsely grated
- 1 garlic clove, finely chopped
- Juice and finely grated rind of 1 lemon
- 60 ml extra virgin olive oil (¼ cup)
- 1½ tbsp pouring cream
- 1 tbsp red wine vinegar
- 2 tsp wholegrain mustard
- 1 tsp horseradish cream
- 1Place potato in a large saucepan, cover generously with cold salted water, bring to the boil over high heat and cook until tender when pierced with a skewer (15-20 minutes), then drain and transfer to a container.
- 2Meanwhile, combine onion, garlic, lemon juice and rind in a bowl and stand until onion changes colour (5 minutes). Add remaining ingredients, season to taste, stir to combine, and toss through warm potato. Set aside to cool, then refrigerate until required.
This recipe is from the February 2013 issue of .