Think of this as a prawn cocktail detouring through Mexico, with plenty of corn chips on the side for scooping.
- 30 (1.3kg) medium green king prawns, peeled and deveined
- Juice of 3-4 limes
- 2 avocados, diced
- ½ telegraph cucumber, cut into 1cm dice
- 1 jalapeño, seeds removed and finely chopped
- ⅓ cup coarsely chopped coriander
- Corn chips, to serve
- 1Par-cook prawns in a large saucepan of boiling salted water until colour changes and they become opaque (1-2 minutes). Drain, reserving 60ml cooking water. Coarsely chop prawns, place in a bowl with reserved cooking water and cool completely.
- 2Add lime juice to prawns, toss to combine and season to taste. Prawns can be prepared a day ahead and kept chilled.
- 3Toss remaining ingredients through the prawn mixture, season to taste, and serve with corn chips.
Drink suggestion: Citrusy dry riesling. Drink suggestion by Max Allen.
The Latest from Gourmet Traveller
- ExplainersEveryone's making sourdough; we're making focacciaYesterday 4:00am