A chocolate hit laced with lush raspberry and cacao crunch ends a meal on a rich note.
- 200 ml pouring cream
- 30 ml raspberry liqueur, such as Framboise or Chambord
- 340 gm dark chocolate (55%-65% cocoa solids), finely chopped
- 100 gm raspberries, coarsely crushed
- 2 tbsp cacao nibs (see note)
- 1Bring cream and liqueur just to the boil in
a saucepan over medium-high heat, then remove
from heat, add chocolate, stand for 5 minutes,
then whisk until smooth. Add raspberries and
cacao nibs, stir to combine, pour into a container
and refrigerate until chilled and firm (4-5 hours).
- 2Roll heaped teaspoonfuls of mixture into balls,
or shape into rough quenelles with two dessert
spoons dipped in hot water. Toss straight into
cocoa, roll to coat, then transfer to a container
and refrigerate until required.
Note Cacao nibs are available from select health-food shops and supermarkets.