- 600 gm raspberries
- 125 gm caster sugar
- 1 egg, separated
- 55 gm raw sugar (¼ cup)
- 150 ml pouring cream
- vanilla ice-cream or double cream, To serve
- 420 gm plain flour
- 300 gm cold butter, coarsely chopped
- 80 gm caster sugar
- 2 egg yolks
- 1For pastry, process flour, butter, sugar and a pinch of salt in a food processor until mixture resembles coarse breadcrumbs. Add yolks and 2 tbsp iced water and pulse until mixture just comes together. Form pastry into a disc, wrap in plastic wrap and refrigerate for 1 hour.
- 2Roll out two thirds of the pastry on a floured surface to 5mm thick and use to line an 18cm ceramic pie dish. Refrigerate for 30 minutes. Preheat oven to 190C. Place raspberries into pastry-lined dish and scatter with caster sugar. Roll out remaining pastry to a circle large enough to cover pie, top pie, pressing edges to seal. Pierce a 1cm hole in the centre, brush top with eggwhite and scatter with raw sugar.
- 3Bake pie for 40 minutes or until golden brown. Gently warm pouring cream in a saucepan over low heat, add yolk and whisk to combine. Using a funnel, pour cream into pie until full, then return pie to oven and cook for 10 minutes. Slice and serve warm with vanilla ice-cream or double cream.