Red oak lettuce is delicate in flavour and texture, and should only be dressed just before serving.
- 1 red oak lettuce, leaves separated, washed and dried
- 1 small fennel bulb, thinly sliced
- 6 red radishes, cut into thin wedges
- ½ cup (loosely packed) flat-leaf parsley
- 30 ml aged red wine vinegar
- 1 tbsp orange juice
- 60 ml (¼ cup) extra-virgin olive oil
- 1Place leaves in a serving bowl with dark ends at top. Scatter with fennel, radish and parsley, season to taste and set aside.
- 2Whisk remaining ingredients in a bowl, season to taste, drizzle over salad and serve.