Roasting pumpkin heightens its natural sweetness, and the crisp ends that you get from pumpkin cut into wedges are particularly more-ish.
- 1.3 kg Jap pumpkin (about 2/3), cut into 3cm wedges
- 60 ml (¼ cup) olive oil
- 85 gm natural almonds
- 80 gm soft goat’s cheese
- 1 cup (loosely packed) coriander leaves
- 3 garlic cloves
- 2 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tbsp tahini
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 1Preheat oven to 180C. Place pumpkin wedges, skin-side down, in a roasting pan, drizzle with olive oil, season to taste and roast until tender (45-50 minutes).
- 2Meanwhile, roast almonds on an oven tray until golden (6-7 minutes), cool, then coarsely chop.
- 3For tahini dressing, crush garlic cloves to a smooth paste in a mortar and pestle, whisk in remaining ingredients and season to taste.
- 4Divide pumpkin wedges among plates, crumble over cheese, scatter with almonds and coriander leaves, drizzle with tahini dressing and serve immediately.
The Latest from Gourmet Traveller
- Food NewsAnthea Loucas Bosha named CEO of Food and Wine VictoriaYesterday 11:16pm