Salads are a great way to showcase salumi because they allow the flavours of the cold meat to come through in all their complexity.
- 1 celery heart, top trimmed and outer leaves removed
- 4 anchovy fillets, thinly sliced lengthways
- 100 gm thinly sliced bresaola (see note)
- To serve: finely grated parmesan
- 2 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tbsp Dijon mustard
- 1 tsp red wine vinegar
- 1 tsp brown sugar
- 1Finely shave celery heart lengthways with a mandolin into a large bowl. Add anchovies and bresaola, season to taste, set aside.
- 2For mustard dressing, whisk ingredients in a bowl and season to taste.
- 3Divide salad among plates, drizzle with mustard dressing, scatter with parmesan and serve immediately.
Note Bresaola is a lightly salted air-dried beef available from Italian delicatessens.
Drink Suggestion: Flowery pinot grigio. Drink suggestion by Max Allen