- 2.2kg shoulder of lamb
- 30 ml olive oil
- 2 cloves of garlic, crushed
- 2 tsp sumac
- 6 8cm pieces of Turkish bread, halved
- 190 gm hummus (¾ cup)
- 1½ cups flat-leaf parsley leaves (loosely packed)
- 1½ cups mint leaves (loosely packed)
- 1 vine-ripened tomato, thinly sliced
- 1Preheat oven to 180C. Place lamb in a large roasting pan, drizzle with olive oil
and season to taste with sea salt and freshly ground black pepper. Roast for 30 minutes, then reduce heat to 150C and roast for 2 hours or until meat falls from the bone. Using 2 forks, coarsely shred meat into a large bowl. Add garlic and sumac and stir to combine.
- 2Toast Turkish bread, spread with hummus, top with herbs, tomato, lamb and pickles and serve immediately.
Note Pickled chilli and turnips are available from Middle Eastern grocery stores and select gourmet food stores.
The Latest from Gourmet Traveller
- DestinationsMade in India: the designers and makers of BengaluruYesterday 4:59am