- 35 gm potato flour, plus 1 tsp extra (see note) (¼ cup)
- 420 gm organic chicken breast, thinly sliced across the grain
- 2 tbsp peanut oil
- 5 cm piece ginger, peeled and crushed with the side of a cleaver
- 1 golden shallot, finely chopped
- 100 gm sugar snap peas
- 60 ml chicken stock (¼ cup)
- 2 tsp Shaoxing wine
- ½ tsp light soy sauce
- 1Combine potato flour and 1 cup water in a large bowl and stir to dissolve. Add chicken pieces and mix to combine. Cover and refrigerate for 10-15 minutes.
- 2Blanch chicken pieces in boiling water for 30 seconds, then rinse to remove excess flour mixture. Drain on an absorbent paper-lined plate.
- 3Heat oil in a wok over high heat, add ginger and shallot, then chicken and sugar snap peas and stir-fry for 1 minute, add chicken stock, then Shaoxing wine, soy sauce and sugar and stir-fry for 1 minute. Season to taste with sea salt.
- 4Combine extra potato flour and 2 tbsp cold water and stir into wok, cook for 1 minute or until thickened. Serve immediately.
Note Potato flour is available from health food stores and Asian supermarkets. Recipe shown above with mushroom fried rice.