- 100 gm walnuts, roasted (1 cup)
- 2 cloves garlic, coarsely chopped
- 40 gm finely grated parmesan (½ cup)
- 125 ml extra-virgin olive oil (½ cup)
- ½ cup coarsely chopped flat-leaf parsley
- 400 gm dried strozzapreti (see note)
- 150 gm Gorgonzola piccante, coarsely crumbled (see note)
- 1Combine walnuts, garlic and parmesan in a food processor and pulse until coarsely chopped, add olive oil and pulse to combine. Transfer to a bowl, add parsley, season to taste with sea salt and freshly ground black pepper and set aside.
- 2Cook pasta in a large saucepan of boiling salted water until al dente, then drain, reserving 2 tbsp cooking water. Add walnut mixture to pasta with cooking water, toss to combine, then add Gorgonzola and toss again. Serve immediately.
Note Strozzapreti, 'priest choker' in Italian, is a rolled short pasta available from select delicatessens. If unavailable, substitute with penne or other short pasta. Gorgonzola piccante is more peppery than Gorgonzola dolce latte, but you can substitute with dolce latte.