Cool down with this delicious super-choc milkshake.
- 1 ltr chilled milk (4 cups)
- 12 scoops chocolate ice-cream
- 1 cup caster sugar
- 170 gm dark chocolate (55%-60% cocoa solids)
- 80 ml water
- 1For chocolate syrup, stir sugar and 80ml water in a saucepan over medium-high heat until sugar dissolves. Brush down sides of pan with a wet pastry brush to remove sugar crystals, bring to the boil and cook without stirring until dark caramel (3-4 minutes).
- 2Remove from heat, add 400ml water (be careful, hot caramel will spit) and chocolate and stand for 5 minutes. Whisk until smooth, then transfer to a container and refrigerate until required. Bring to room temperature before serving. Chocolate syrup will keep for 2 weeks.
- 3Pour a little chocolate syrup into 4 tall chilled serving glasses and refrigerate while you make the shakes. Blend milk, two-thirds of the ice-cream and chocolate syrup to taste in a blender until frothy, then pour into chilled glasses. Add a scoop of ice-cream to each glass, top with whipped cream and shaved chocolate and serve.