- 2 cloves garlic, coarsely chopped
- 2 tsp each ground cumin and ground paprika
- 110 ml olive oil
- 50 ml lemon juice
- 2 small red onions, cut into wedges
- 1.5 kg small sweet potato, cut into wedges
- ¾ cup coarsely torn flat-leaf parsley (loosely-packed)
- 2 tbsp thinly sliced preserved lemon rind
- 150 gm feta, coarsely chopped
- 1Preheat oven to 200C. Combine garlic and spices in a mortar and using a pestle pound to a paste. Add 55ml olive oil and 25ml lemon juice, season to taste with sea salt and freshly ground black pepper. Place onion and sweet potato in a large bowl, pour over spice mix and toss to coat evenly, then place on a baking paper-lined oven tray and roast for 20 minutes or until vegetables are tender, then cool and place in a large bowl.
- 2Add parsley and preserved lemon to sweet potato mixture and toss to combine. Combine remaining olive oil and lemon juice in a bowl, season to taste, add feta and mix to combine. Drizzle over sweet potato and toss to coat.
The Latest from Gourmet Traveller
- Travel NewsNew art collections and shows worth travelling forYesterday 5:58am
- Food NewsGourmet Traveller taste tests McDonald’s Wagyu Beef BurgerYesterday 12:35am