- 600 gm chat potatoes, halved
- 100 ml extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 small Spanish onion, thinly sliced
- 1 clove garlic, finely chopped
- 80 ml red wine vinegar (1/3 cup)
- 1¼ tbsp lemon juice
- 2 bunches asparagus, trimmed and halved
- 2 heads radicchio, leaves separated and coarsely torn
- 1 bunch rocket, coarsely torn
- ¾ cup flat-leaf parsley (loosely packed)
- 600 gm beef sirloin, cut into thick strips
- 75 gm plain flour, seasoned with sea salt and freshly ground pepper
- 1Cook potatoes in boiling salted water for 20 minutes or until soft, then drain and set aside. Heat 2 tbsp olive oil in a frying pan over medium heat, add onion and garlic and cook for 5 minutes or until soft. Add 1 tbsp vinegar and all of the lemon juice, stir to combine, add potatoes and cook, stirring occasionally to break up potatoes slightly, for 5 minutes or until warmed through. Season to taste, remove from heat and set aside to cool to room temperature.
- 2Cook asparagus in boiling salted water for 2 minutes or until tender, drain, refresh
in iced water and drain again. Place in a bowl with radicchio, rocket and parsley leaves.
- 3Toss beef in flour, shaking off excess. Heat 2 tbsp olive oil in a large frying pan
over medium-high heat, add beef and cook, stirring occasionally, for 2-3 minutes or until browned all over. Add 1½ tbsp vinegar, stir to coat beef and season to taste. Transfer beef and pan juices to radicchio mixture, drizzle salad with remaining olive oil and vinegar, season to taste and toss to combine.
- 4To serve, divide potato among plates, top with beef salad and serve immediately.