- 2 large eggplants, thinly sliced
- 4 large green zucchini, thinly sliced lengthways
- 1 kg piece yellowfin tuna, cut into 6 steaks
- 250 ml lemon-infused extra-virgin olive oil
- 3 lemons, juice only
- 2 cloves of garlic, finely chopped
- 1 tbsp finely chopped oregano
- 1Scatter eggplant with sea salt and layer in a bowl. Stand for 10 minutes, then rinse under cold water and pat dry. Heat a chargrill plate, lightly oil the vegetables and cook eggplant, then zucchini over high heat for 2 minutes each side or until tender. Combine and cover to keep warm.
- 2Brush tuna steaks with oil, season to taste with sea salt and freshly ground black pepper and chargrill over high heat for 2-3 minutes each side for rare.
- 3For Sicilian dressing, whisk ingredients together in a bowl, season to taste and set aside.
- 4To serve, place the tuna steaks onto plates, top each with chargrilled vegetables, drizzle with Sicilian dressing and then serve immediately.
Drink Suggestion: Southern Italian white such as vermentino or Fiano.