Created by Kenwood ambassador, cook and TV personality Diana Chan, this recipe pairs blood orange and lemon flavours for a match made in sorbet heaven. Swap blood oranges for Valencia oranges during summer to create with fresh and seasonal produce. For the smoothest texture, Chan uses Kenwood's Cooking Chef XL stand mixer with the frozen dessert maker attachment to effortlessly churn the sorbet. Here we give you the step-by-step recipe to this summer-ready dessert.
- 200 gm lemon juice
- Zest of 2 lemons
- 200 gm caster sugar
- 120 gm liquid glucose
- 450 gm water
- 450g of blood orange juice
- Zest of 2 blood or Valencia oranges
- 180 gm sugar
- 105 gm liquid glucose
- 200 gm water
- 1Before making the recipe, place the bowl from Kenwood's frozen dessert maker attachment in the freezer overnight.
- 2To make the lemon sorbet, place the zest, sugar, glucose and water in a pan over a medium heat. Bring to the boil to dissolve the sugar then take off the heat and leave to cool.
- 3Repeat with the same ingredients for the orange sorbet, heating the zest, glucose, sugar and water until boiling before removing from the heat and allowing to cool.
- 4Once cool, mix in the lemon, orange and blood or Valencia orange juice into each respective pan and stir until well combined.
- 5Churn the sorbets individually in the frozen dessert maker for 45 minutes and store in the freezer until ready to serve.
Brought to you by Kenwood.