- 1 kg grass-fed beef fillet (see note)
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2½ tbsp shoyu or soy sauce
- 2 tbsp thinly sliced coriander roots and stems
- 2 tbsp finely chopped ginger
- 2 tbsp thinly sliced spring onion
- 2 tbsp cane sugar
- 2 tbsp brown rice vinegar
- ¼ tsp chilli oil
- ¼ tsp sesame oil
- 1Preheat oven to 180C. Season beef with sea salt and freshly ground black pepper and drizzle with olive oil. Heat a frying pan over high heat and sear beef for 2 minutes on each side.
- 2Place beef in a roasting pan and roast for 10-15 minutes for rare. Transfer to a plate, cover with foil and rest for 20 minutes.
- 3For dressing, place ingredients in a large bowl and mix to combine.
- 4Slice beef into 1cm-thick slices, arrange on a platter, drizzle with dressing and serve immediately.
Note Kylie buys organic grass-fed cuts of meat from a top local butcher, Churchill's Butchery.