A classier version of the common Queensland tipple of rum and ginger beer from Matthew Bax at Melbourne’s Der Raum, Gourmet’s Bar of the Year.
- 30 ml Captain Morgan Orginal Spiced Rum or Myers’s Rum Original Dark
- 30 ml Havana Club Añejo Especial rum
- 10 ml lime juice
- 1 tsp brown sugar
- Dash of Angostura Bitters
- To serve: Bundaberg Ginger Beer
- To garnish: thinly sliced dried fig and whole star anise
- 1Half-fill a highball glass with crushed ice. Stir in rums, lime juice and brown sugar, add a little more crushed ice, then add bitters and top with ginger beer to taste. Garnish with dried fig slices and star anise, and serve.