- 480 gm plain flour
- 12 thin jamón slices, to serve
- Lemon wedges, to serve
Spring onion and shitake filling
- 100 gm butter
- 100 gm shiitake mushrooms, finely chopped
- 3 spring onions, thinly sliced, plus extra to serve
- 4 small garlic cloves, finely chopped, and rinsed in cold water and drained 3 times
- 1 tbsp plain flour
- 1Place flour and ¾ tsp salt in an electric mixer fitted with a dough hook, then, with the motor running, slowly add 350ml boiling water and knead until a tacky dough forms. Transfer to a lightly oiled bowl, cover with a damp tea towel and refrigerate for 1 hour to rest.
- 2For spring onion and shiitake filling, melt butter in a frying pan over medium heat, add remaining ingredients and ¾ tsp salt and sauté until just softened (30 seconds). Leave at room temperature until required.
- 3Divide dough into pieces the size of golf balls, then roll out each to a 5cm-wide rectangle roughly a 3mm-thick. Place 1 tbsp spring onion mixture along the middle of each (you may have a little filling left over), roll up like cigars, then form into a spiral shape. Tuck the end underneath, then flatten and roll out to a 3mm-thick round (the layers should be clearly visible).
- 4Fry pancakes in batches in a non-stick frying pan over medium-high heat, turning once, until golden brown (3-4 minutes each side). Keep warm in a low oven and repeat with remaining pancakes. Top with jamón, spring onion and any remaining filling, and serve with lemon wedges.