Serve this omelette with a crisp green salad and some buttered crusty bread for a satisfying meal.
- 50 ml extra-virgin olive oil, plus extra to serve
- 2 golden shallots, thinly sliced
- 1 garlic clove, finely chopped
- 2 bunches asparagus, trimmed, cut into 2cm lengths
- 1 zucchini, thinly sliced widthways
- 1 lemon, finely grated rind and juice only
- 12 eggs, lightly beaten
- 50 gm finely grated pecorino, plus extra to serve
- To serve: coarsely torn oregano
- To serve: green salad and crusty bread
- 1Preheat grill to high. Heat olive oil in a 25cm-diameter ovenproof frying pan over medium-high heat. Add shallot and garlic and cook, stirring occasionally, until tender (3-4 minutes). Add asparagus and zucchini and cook, stirring occasionally, until just tender (2-3 minutes). Add lemon rind and juice, cook for another minute, then add egg. Increase heat to high, pulling cooked edges to centre of pan until base sets (2-3 minutes). Scatter with pecorino, place under grill and cook until set and golden (3-5 minutes). Serve immediately scattered with extra pecorino and oregano and drizzled with extra-virgin olive oil, if desired.
The Latest from Gourmet Traveller
- Fast RecipesCasarecce with pork sausage, cavolo nero and chilliYesterday 6:00am