- For deep-frying: olive oil
- 2 lemons, thinly sliced and seeds removed
- For dusting: plain flour, seasoned to taste
- 6 1.5cm-thick wagyu scotch fillet steaks (about 180 gm each)
- 1 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 3 cloves of garlic, finely chopped
- 1 tsp Dijon mustard
- 4 cups firmly packed flat-leaf parsley leaves
- 4 anchovy fillets, thinly sliced lengthways
- 1Heat 5cm of olive oil in a large saucepan, dust lemon slices in flour, shaking off excess and deep-fry, in batches, over medium-high heat, for 2-3 minutes or until golden, then drain on absorbent paper.
- 2Brush steaks with olive oil and season to taste. Char-grill steaks over high heat, for 1-2 minutes on each side for medium, or until cooked to your liking, then rest in a warm place for 5 minutes.
- 3Place extra-virgin olive oil, lemon juice, garlic and mustard in a small bowl, season to taste and whisk to combine.
- 4Place parsley, anchovies and fried lemon in a bowl, drizzle with dressing and toss gently to combine. Serve parsley and fried lemon salad immediately with wagyu steak.
The Latest from Gourmet Traveller
- Travel NewsNew art collections and shows worth travelling forYesterday 5:58am
- Food NewsGourmet Traveller taste tests McDonald’s Wagyu Beef BurgerYesterday 12:35am