Pasta is the prefect choice for a fast meal, and this simple version is light and fresh. Using frozen peas will give you better flavour, because they’re snap-frozen.
- 350 gm dried linguine
- 120 ml extra-virgin olive oil
- 50 gm mild pancetta, finely diced
- 6 spring onions, thinly sliced
- 3 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- 500 gm frozen peas, defrosted, or blanched podded peas
- 125 ml chicken stock (½ cup)
- 300 gm firm ricotta
- 2 tbsp finely grated parmesan
- Finely grated rind and juice of ½ lemon
- 1Cook linguine in a large saucepan of boiling salted water until al dente (8-10 minutes). Drain, set aside.
- 2Meanwhile, heat olive oil in a large frying pan over medium heat. Add pancetta, spring onion and garlic and sauté until translucent (10-15 minutes). Add peas and stock, bring to the simmer and season to taste. Add pasta, cheeses, lemon rind and juice, toss to combine and serve hot.
This recipe is from the February 2011 issue of .
The Latest from Gourmet Traveller
- DestinationsWhere to eat, sleep and visit in Melbourne right nowYesterday 8:00pm