It's the cacio e pepe you know and love, with extra bite. We've heaped on the pepper – there are pink, green, black and white peppercorn varieties here for a bouquet of fragrance and heat. Best of all, it's ready in just 15 minutes.
- 400 gm spaghettoni
- 50 gm butter
- 2 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tsp pink peppercorns, crushed
- 3 sprigs pickled green peppercorns
- 1 tsp each coarsely cracked black pepper and white pepper
- 120 gm finely grated pecorino, plus extra to serve
- 1Cook pasta in a large saucepan of boiling salted water until al dente (6-8 minutes). Drain, reserving 250ml (1 cup) pasta water.
- 2Meanwhile, melt butter and oil in a large deep-sided frying pan over medium heat, add half the mixed peppercorns and stir until fragrant (30 seconds to 1 minute). Add reserved pasta water and bring to a simmer.
- 3Add pasta and cheese to the pan and toss until cheese melts and forms a sauce (2-3 minutes). Season with salt and serve scattered with remaining peppercorns and extra cheese.