- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 3 cloves of garlic, thinly sliced lengthways
- 1 kg baby cuttlefish, cleaned, (tentacles reserved) hoods halved and scored in a diamond pattern
- 1 tbsp preserved lemon rind, cut into julienne
- 1 tsp za’atar
- 1 tsp harissa
- 400 gm can chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 1 red capsicum, roasted until skin blackens and blisters, peeled, seeded and cut into 2cm strips
- 2 tbsp coarsely chopped flat-leaf parsley
- To serve: crusty bread
- 1Heat olive oil in a frying pan, add garlic and cook over medium-high heat until fragrant, then add cuttlefish hoods and tentacles and cook for 2 minutes or until cuttlefish are curled and golden. Stir in preserved lemon, za’atar and harissa, then add chickpeas and roasted capsicum and cook for 2 minutes or until chickpeas and capsicum are warmed through.
- 2Remove pan from heat, stir in parsley, then season to taste. Serve cuttlefish and chickpeas in bowls, with crusty bread to the side.
The Latest from Gourmet Traveller
- Travel NewsNew art collections and shows worth travelling forYesterday 5:58am
- Food NewsGourmet Traveller taste tests McDonald’s Wagyu Beef BurgerYesterday 12:35am