This dish has a soupy broth, perfect for when the weather turns cooler.
- 400 gm dried orecchiette
- 2 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil, plus extra (optional) to serve
- 100 gm flat pancetta, cut into lardons
- 2 golden shallots, thinly sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 450 ml chicken stock
- 1 lemon, finely grated rind and juice only
- 300 gm frozen peas, defrosted
- ½ cup (loosely packed) mint leaves, coarsely chopped
- 40 gm finely grated pecorino, plus extra to serve
- 1Cook pasta in a large saucepan of boiling salted water until al dente (10-12 minutes), drain and return to pan.
- 2Meanwhile, heat olive oil in a frying pan over medium-high heat, add pancetta, shallot and garlic, stirring occasionally until shallot is tender and pancetta is crisp (3-4 minutes). Add stock and lemon rind, season to taste and bring to boil. Add peas, cook until just tender (1-2 minutes), remove from heat. Add to pasta with lemon juice, season to taste, toss to combine, add mint and pecorino, toss to coat. Serve immediately with extra olive oil, if desired, and extra pecorino.
The Latest from Gourmet Traveller
- Travel NewsNew art collections and shows worth travelling forYesterday 5:58am
- Food NewsGourmet Traveller taste tests McDonald’s Wagyu Beef BurgerYesterday 12:35am