Free-range chickens are readily available at most barbecue chicken shops. Simply add a homemade salad and dinner’s ready.
- 250 gm risoni
- 60 ml (¼ cup) extra-virgin olive oil
- Juice of 1 lemon, or to taste
- ½ Spanish onion, finely chopped
- 1 garlic clove, finely chopped
- ½ preserved lemon, rinsed, pith removed, rind thinly sliced
- 1½ cups each (loosely packed) flat-leaf parsley and mint, coarsely torn
- 1 cup (loosely packed) baby English spinach
- 1 roast chicken, meat coarsely torn
- To serve: thick natural yoghurt
- 1Cook risoni in a large saucepan of boiling salted water until al dente (4-5 minutes). Drain and rinse under cold running water. Transfer to a bowl, drizzle with oil and mix to combine.
- 2Meanwhile, combine lemon juice, onion and garlic in a small bowl and stand until onion turns pink (2-3 minutes). Add to risoni with preserved lemon, herbs and spinach, season generously to taste and toss to combine. Serve immediately with roast chicken and natural yoghurt.