This recipe is inspired by a dish cooked by MoVida chef Frank Camorra.
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 large Spanish onion, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 400 gm canned tomatoes, crushed
- 1 small chorizo (120gm), diced
- 500 ml fish or chicken stock (2 cups)
- 100 ml fino Sherry
- 150 gm bomba rice
- 12 uncooked tiger prawns, peeled, cleaned
- 500 gm black mussels, scrubbed, beards removed
- 1Heat olive oil in a deep 30cm-diameter frying pan over medium-high heat. Add onion and garlic, stir occasionally until golden (6-8 minutes), add tomato, chorizo and saffron and cook until thick (5 minutes). Add stock, Sherry and 250ml water and bring to the simmer, then add rice and stir occasionally until rice is almost tender (10 minutes). Add prawns and cook for 4 minutes, then add mussels and cook until just opened (5 minutes). Season to taste, scatter with parsley and and serve hot with lemon wedges.
This recipe is from the October 2012 issue of .