"This is a great little welcome drink, with not too much effort required ahead of time or to execute," says Ashton. "It's a beautiful balance of sweet and savoury that will impress your guests."
- 45 ml rockmelon purée
- 10 ml orgeat syrup (almond syrup; see note)
- 75 ml dry Prosecco
Smoked salt solution
- 2 tsp finely ground smoked salt
- 1For smoked salt solution, stir salt with 50ml hot water in heatproof container, then transfer to a bottle and reserve.
- 2Add rockmelon purée, orgeat syrup and 5ml smoked salt solution to a chilled glass, carefully top with prosecco, stir gently and serve.
Note Orgeat syrup, an almond syrup, is available at bottle shops such as Dan Murphy's.
The Latest from Gourmet Traveller
- Fast RecipesLamb rack with piquillo peppers, rocket and burghulYesterday 5:00am