Simply serve the apricots with vanilla ice-cream or double cream. You can use the leftover syrup in cocktails or drizzle it over fresh fruit salads. Makes 1.25 litres.
- 500 gm caster sugar
- 3 cinnamon quills
- 1 vanilla bean, split and seeds scraped
- 8 apricots, halved, stones discarded
- 250 ml brandy
- 1Combine sugar, cinnamon, vanilla bean and seeds and 310ml water in a saucepan and bring to the boil, stirring to dissolve sugar. Add apricot halves and turn occasionally until just tender (3-5 minutes). Remove apricots with a slotted spoon and transfer to sterilised jars. Cool syrup, then add brandy and pour over apricots, seal jars, stand until cooled, then store in refrigerator. Apricots will keep refrigerated for 2-3 weeks after opening.
The Latest from Gourmet Traveller
- Travel NewsNew art collections and shows worth travelling forYesterday 5:58am
- Food NewsGourmet Traveller taste tests McDonald’s Wagyu Beef BurgerYesterday 12:35am