Buffalo mozzarella takes this dish to a whole new level. You can, however, substitute cow's milk bocconcini. Try to get your hands on micro-herbs, which add a touch of finesse to the herb salad.
- 4 small buffalo mozzarella (about 125gm each)
- 4 thin prosciutto slices
- 2 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- 4 thin ciabatta slices
- ¼ cup each (loosely packed) basil, chervil and flat-leaf parsley leaves
Dijon mustard dressing
- 1 tbsp Dijon mustard
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- 60 ml (¼ cup) extra-virgin olive oil
- Pinch of brown sugar
- 1Preheat oven to 250C. Wrap each buffalo mozzarella with a prosciutto slice, secure with a toothpick and place on an oven tray lined with baking paper. Drizzle with oil and roast until mozzarella just begins to melt (4-5 minutes).
- 2Meanwhile, heat a char-grill over medium-high heat, grill ciabatta slices until golden (3-4 minutes each side).
- 3For Dijon mustard dressing, whisk mustard and lemon juice in a bowl to combine, then whisk in oil and sugar, season to taste and set aside.
- 4Place a grilled ciabatta slice on each plate, top with a baked mozzarella, season with freshly ground black pepper. Combine herbs in a separate bowl. Serve mozzarella warm with herbs to the side and dressing drizzled over.
Drink Suggestion: Dry, sparkling Prosecco. Drink suggestion by Max Allen