"Araka is wonderful on its own as a vegetarian salad and it is wonderful as an accompaniment to mainstay meat dishes," says John Rerakis.
- 250 gm podded broad beans(about 500gm unpodded)
- 250 gm frozen peas, defrosted
- 250 ml tomato passata (1 cup)
- 1 onion, thinly sliced
- 1 baby fennel bulb, thinly sliced
- 1Preheat oven to 180C. Combine all ingredients and 125ml water in a roasting pan or ovenproof dish, season to taste and mix to combine. Bake until liquid is nearly evaporated and broad beans and peas are browned slightly (50 minutes-1 hour). Serve hot.
The Latest from Gourmet Traveller
- Travel NewsNew art collections and shows worth travelling forYesterday 5:58am
- Food NewsGourmet Traveller taste tests McDonald’s Wagyu Beef BurgerYesterday 12:35am