- 70 ml olive oil
- 2 onions, finely chopped
- 25 gm (¼ cup) walnut halves
- 100 gm Roquefort Papillon
- 90 gm French-style crème fraîche, or to taste
- celery heart stalks, To serve
- 1Heat 1½ tbsp oil in a saucepan over medium heat, add onion, cook, covered and stirring occasionally, until onion is soft and transparent (15-20 minutes), then uncover and stir occasionally until caramelised (20-30 minutes). Transfer to a bowl and cool.
- 2Meanwhile, heat remaining oil in a small frying pan over medium heat, add walnuts and sauté until golden (2-4 minutes). Drain on absorbent paper, cool, then coarsely chop and set aside.
- 3Smooth Roquefort with a fork until creamy, add crème fraîche and caramelised onion, beat to combine and season to taste with freshly ground black pepper. Serve topped with walnuts, with celery stalks (and a pâté knife for spreading) to the side.