This vibrant green soup takes no time at all to prepare – just allow enough time for it to chill.
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 3 golden shallots, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 600 gm frozen peas, defrosted
- 1 cup (loosely packed) mint leaves
- 80 gm (1/3 cup) crème fraîche
- 12 small green prawns, peeled, cleaned and halved lengthways
- 1Heat oil in a saucepan, add shallot and garlic, cook over medium heat until soft (2-3 minutes). Add 500ml water, bring to boil, add peas and mint, remove from heat. Add crème fraîche. Blend with a hand-held blender until smooth, strain through a fine sieve. Season to taste, refrigerate until chilled (1-1½ hours).
- 2Meanwhile, bring a saucepan of salted water to boil, add prawns and cook until pink (2-3 minutes). Transfer with a slotted spoon to a bowl of iced water, drain and set aside.
- 3Divide prawns among eight 100ml-capacity cups, pour over soup and serve immediately.
Drink Suggestion: Bone-dry fino sherry. Drink suggestion by Max Allen