When cooking the crêpes, cook one or two small ones first to test and season the pan.
- 700 gm (4 punnets) assorted berries, such as blackberries and raspberries
- 2 tbsp raw vanilla sugar, or to taste, plus extra for dusting
- 250 ml (1 cup) milk
- 85 gm plain flour
- 2 eggs
- 50 gm butter, for greasing pan
- 1For crespelle, process milk, flour, eggs and a pinch of salt in a food processor until well combined. Heat 1 tsp butter in an 18cm-diameter non-stick frying pan over medium-high heat. Add 2 tbsp batter to centre of pan and swirl pan to spread batter as thinly and evenly as possible. Cook until just set (1-1½ minutes), turn carefully with a spatula and cook until golden (20-30 seconds). Transfer to a plate and repeat with remaining batter. Makes 12.
- 2Combine berries, lemon juice and vanilla sugar in a bowl and toss to combine. Serve berry mixture with crespelle, ricotta and extra vanilla sugar for dusting to the side.
Note Raw vanilla sugar is available from select delicatessens. If unavailable, substitute with raw caster sugar combined with scraped seeds of ½ vanilla bean.