This salad would make a lovely accompaniment to spice-rubbed grilled chicken or fish - the refreshing cucumbers make a perfect counterpoint to the spices. White cucumbers have a thick bitter skin which should be removed; baby cucumbers can be left unpeeled. When pomegranates come into season, a scattering of their seeds over this salad adds a pretty burst of colour.
- 35 gm pistachios, coarsely chopped (¼ cup)
- 2 white-skinned cucumbers, seeds removed, cut into 1cm pieces
- 1 telegraph cucumber, seeds removed, cut into 1cm pieces
- 250 gm baby cucumbers, unpeeled, diced
- 300 gm green seedless grapes, halved
- 1 cup (loosely packed) mint, shredded
- 300 gm Persian feta
- 2 tbsp pomegranate seeds (optional), to serve
- 2 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- 1Preheat oven to 180C. Scatter pistachios on an oven tray and roast, shaking occasionally, until just golden (5-10 minutes), then cool, coarsely chop and set aside.
- 2Combine cucumbers, grapes and mint in a bowl, crumble over feta, top with pistachio and pomegranate seeds, drizzle with lemon juice and olive oil, season to taste and serve.