Getting your five serves of fruit and vegetables a day just got a whole lot easier. Unlike a juice, this smoothie keeps all the fibre intact, and with less fruit than vegetables, it keeps sugar levels to a minimum.
- 1 avocado, coarsely chopped
- 1 Lebanese cucumber, coarsely chopped
- 1 banana, coarsely chopped
- 1½ cups (firmly packed) English spinach
- 1 cup (firmly packed) mint
- 1 tbsp matcha powder (see note), plus extra to serve
- 1½ cups ice cubes
- 1Blend ingredients in a blender until smooth, pour into tall glasses, dust with extra matcha powder and serve with lime wedges.
Matcha, a powdered green tea, is available from health-food shops and specialist tea shops.
The Latest from Gourmet Traveller
- DestinationsMade in India: the designers and makers of BengaluruYesterday 4:59am