Ripe figs and watermelon scream summer, and this simple salad, with jamón and Manchego, shows them in their best light.
- 6 figs, cut into wedges
- 600 gm watermelon, thinly sliced and cut into rough triangles
- 6 slices jamón Ibérico
- Basil leaves and thinly sliced Manchego, to serve
- 2 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tbsp white wine vinegar
- 1 tsp honey
- 1For honey dressing, shake ingredients in a sealed screw-top jar to combine and season to taste.
- 2Arrange figs, watermelon and jamón on a platter. Top with basil and Manchego, season to taste, and drizzle with dressing to serve.