Does this frozen Mojito deliver big-time refreshment? Yes. Will you regret making it? Not at all. This recipe asks for Thai basil, but if it's unavailable substitute sweet basil or a mix of basil and mint.
- 220 gm (1 cup) caster sugar
- 10 makrut lime leaves, torn 1½ cups firmly packed Thai basil leaves, plus extra to serve
- 125 ml (½ cup) lime juice
- 160 ml (⅔ cup) white rum
- 6 cups crushed ice
- 1Combine sugar, lime leaves and 250ml (1 cup) water in a small saucepan over medium heat. Stir until sugar is dissolved then simmer 1 minute. Set aside to cool then place in the fridge to chill (2 hours). Strain syrup once cool.
- 2Blend syrup and basil in a blender until very smooth. Add juice and rum and blend until combined. Divide crushed ice between 6 serving glasses, top with basil mixture and stir to combine. Garnish with extra Thai basil or mint leaves.