This is a Sicilian dessert that is traditionally served studded with seed-shaped pieces of bitter chocolate. We've opted to serve different garnishes on top.
- 550 gm watermelon flesh, coarsely chopped
- 70 gm caster sugar
- 30 gm (¼ cup) cornflour
- 1-2 tsp rosewater, or to taste
- ¼ tsp ground cinnamon, plus extra to serve
- 1Process watermelon in a food processor until smooth, pass through a coarse sieve to yield 375ml juice and set aside.
- 2Combine sugar and cornflour in a saucepan, add enough watermelon juice to mix to a smooth paste. Add remaining juice and stir continuously over medium heat until mixture thickens and comes to the boil (7-8 minutes). Remove from heat, stir in rosewater and cinnamon, divide among four bowls and refrigerate until set (30-40 minutes). Serve scattered with cinnamon, shaved cedro and slivered pistachios.
The Latest from Gourmet Traveller
- DestinationsMade in India: the designers and makers of BengaluruYesterday 4:59am