The pears can be prepared ahead and gently warmed just before serving.
- 200 gm honey
- Juice and thinly peeled rind of 1 orange and 1 lemon
- 1 vanilla bean, split and seeds scraped
- 4 beurre bosc pears, unpeeled, halved, cores removed with a melon-baller
- 2 tsp orange-blossom water, or to taste
- To serve: thick plain yoghurt and chopped pistachios
- 1Preheat oven to 200C. Simmer honey, juices, rinds, and vanilla bean and seeds in a small saucepan over medium heat until reduced to a light syrup (8-10 minutes). Place pears, cut-side up in a roasting pan large enough to fit pears snugly. Pour over honey mixture and roast, basting occasionally, until tender and beginning to caramelise (20-25 minutes). Remove pears from pan, stir through orange-blossom water and serve pears and syrup with yoghurt and pistachios.
Drink Suggestion: Pink moscato. Drink suggestion by Max Allen