- 500 gm each of spunta and Desiree potatoes, peeled and halved
- 50 gm butter, coarsely chopped
- 100 ml hot milk (not boiled)
- 60 ml extra-virgin olive oil
- 1Place potatoes in a large saucepan of cold salted water and bring to the boil over high heat. Cook until potatoes are just tender when pierced with a small sharp knife (12-15 minutes), drain and return to pan. Allow steam to evaporate, then beat in a little butter at a time with a wooden spoon until well incorporated and smooth. Add milk, whisk well until smooth and fluffy, stir in olive oil and season to taste. Serve immediately, drizzled with extra olive oil, if desired.
ALSO IN SEASONFRUIT
Apples, cumquats, custard apples, grapefruit, lemons, limes, mandarins, nashi, oranges, papaya, pomelos, rhubarb, tangelos.
VEGETABLES Asian greens, avocados, beetroot, broccoli, Brussels sprouts, cabbage, carrots, cauliflower, celeriac, celery, fennel, garlic, horseradish, Jerusalem artichokes, kale, kohlrabi, leek, okra, olives, parsnips, potatoes, pumpkins, shallots, silverbeet, spinach, swede, sweet potatoes, turnips, witlof.
Blue warehou, dusky flathead, grey mackerel, sand whiting, silver warehou, snapper, tailor.