This drink is perfect as a pre-dinner cocktail, or as an accompaniment to opening presents on Christmas morning.
- 100 ml Lillet, chilled (see note)
- 50 ml burnt orange and vanilla bean syrup (see note)
- 3 drops orange-blossom water, or to taste (optional)
- To fill: Champagne, chilled
- To serve: orange peel twists
- 1Combine Lillet, burnt orange and vanilla bean syrup and orange-blossom water in a small glass jug. Pour Champagne into four flutes, top with Lillet mixture to taste, garnish with orange twist and serve well chilled.
Note Lillet is a French wine-based apéritif. Burnt orange and vanilla bean syrup is available from The Simple Syrup Co.
The Latest from Gourmet Traveller
- Travel NewsNew art collections and shows worth travelling forYesterday 5:58am
- Food NewsGourmet Traveller taste tests McDonald’s Wagyu Beef BurgerYesterday 12:35am