With jewel-like pieces of raw lobster meat and thin shavings of zucchini, this salad is not only light and super-easy but beautiful as well.
- 1 green southern rock lobster (about 1.2kg; see note)
- 4 green zucchini, cut into julienne on a mandolin
- ¼ cup each thinly sliced mint and flat-leaf parsley
- 2 tbsp finely chopped chives
- 75 ml each lemon juice and orange juice
- 1 tbsp brown sugar
- 150 ml extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tsp each of finely grated lemon and orange rind
- 1Bring a large saucepan of salted water to the boil over high heat, add lobster and cook for 1 minute, then refresh in a large bowl of iced water until cool. Peel (discard shell) and remove tail meat in one piece. Thinly slice tail crossways with a large sharp knife and refrigerate until required.
- 2For citrus dressing, combine juices and brown sugar in a bowl and stir until sugar is dissolved, then whisk in olive oil and rind, season to taste and set aside.
- 3Combine zucchini and herbs in a large bowl, drizzle over a little dressing and toss to combine. Scatter over plates or serving platter, arrange lobster on top, drizzle over remaining dressing, season to taste and serve.
Note For information on killing lobster humanely, see our masterclass on preparing fresh lobster.