- 60 gm light palm sugar
- ½ pandan leaf, bruised, cut into strips and knotted (see note)
- 4 canned water chestnuts, drained
- 20 lychees, peeled
- 1 small mango, flesh cut into 1cm dice
- To serve: coconut milk or coconut cream
- To serve: shaved ice
- 1Combine sugar, pandan leaf and 60ml water in a saucepan and stir over medium heat until sugar dissolves (1-2 minutes). Transfer to a bowl placed over ice and set aside to cool.
- 2Rinse water chestnuts and thinly slice. Blanch (10-20 seconds), then refresh. Drain.
- 3Divide lychees, mango and water chestnut among bowls. Drizzle over syrup and coconut milk, top with ice and serve immediately.
Note Pandan leaves are available from Asian grocers.