- 60 gm light palm sugar
- ½ pandan leaf, bruised, cut into strips and knotted (see note)
- 4 canned water chestnuts, drained
- 20 lychees, peeled
- 1 small mango, flesh cut into 1cm dice
- To serve: coconut milk or coconut cream
- To serve: shaved ice
- 1Combine sugar, pandan leaf and 60ml water in a saucepan and stir over medium heat until sugar dissolves (1-2 minutes). Transfer to a bowl placed over ice and set aside to cool.
- 2Rinse water chestnuts and thinly slice. Blanch (10-20 seconds), then refresh. Drain.
- 3Divide lychees, mango and water chestnut among bowls. Drizzle over syrup and coconut milk, top with ice and serve immediately.
Note Pandan leaves are available from Asian grocers.
The Latest from Gourmet Traveller
- Fast RecipesCitrus-cured salmon with horseradish cream and bagelsYesterday 11:00pm
- Fast RecipesChar-grilled capsicum salad with sherry vinaigretteYesterday 11:00pm