- 1 lemon
- 1 cup parsley leaves (loosely packed)
- ¾ cup oregano leaves (loosely packed)
- 2 anchovy fillets
- 2 cloves garlic
- 60ml olive oil (¼ cup)
- 1 lemon, juice only
- 200 gm podded broad beans (800gm whole)
- To serve: pecorino cheese and crusty bread
- 1Using a sharp knife, remove rind without pith from 1 lemon, then coarsely chop rind and place in a mortar with parsley leaves, oregano leaves, anchovy fillets, garlic and olive oil. Using a pestle, pound to a coarse paste, then season to taste with lemon juice, sea salt and freshly ground black pepper. Combine broad beans with paste and serve with a wedge of pecorino and crusty bread.
ALSO IN SEASONFruit
Berries (raspberries, strawberries), cumquats, grapefruit (pink and yellow), lemons, mangoes, oranges, papaya, pawpaw, pineapples, starfruit.
Vegetables Globe artichokes, Asian greens, asparagus, avocados, beans (broad and green), choko, cucumber, garlic, lettuce, onions, peas, silverbeet, spinach, watercress.
Seafood Australian salmon, mirror dory, longfin eel, Spanish mackerel, Jack mackerel, morwong, redfish, school shark, angel shark, trumpeter whiting yabby, school prawns, bay prawns, scallops.
The Latest from Gourmet Traveller
- DestinationsWhere to eat, sleep and visit in Melbourne right nowYesterday 8:00pm