You'll need to begin this recipe a day ahead.
- 1 quantity <b><a href='http://www.gourmettraveller.com.au/octopus.htm'>cooked octopus tentacles</a></b>, cut into 1cm-thick slices
- 400 ml red wine vinegar
- 200 ml olive oil
- 6 black peppercorns, crushed
- 4 fresh bay leaves
- 1 garlic clove, bruised
- To serve: fennel, mint and parsley salad
- To serve: bread and olives
- 1Place tentacles in a large sterilised jar, top with remaining ingredients, ½ tsp sea salt flakes and 200ml water, and set aside in a cool dark place, turning jar every 4 hours, until octopus is pickled (12 hours-1 day). Refrigerate until required. Octopus will keep refrigerated for a week. Remove from pickling mixture with a slotted spoon and serve with fennel, mint and parsley salad, bread and olives.