Margaritas are a true party starter, and while we love a classic, a jigger of grapefruit juice in the mix adds another layer to the sharpness of lime, and turns these blushing pink.
Sea salt flakes
- 30 ml lime juice (reserve one squeezed lime half)
- 45 ml tequila
- 30 ml pink grapefruit juice
- 15 ml Cointreau
- Thinly sliced pink grapefruit or lime wedges, to serve
- 1Pour salt into a small bowl to the depth of about 1cm. Rub reserved lime half around the rim of a chilled coupe or Margarita glass, then dip rim in salt to lightly coat.
- 2Combine tequila, grapefruit and lime juices and Cointreau in a cocktail shaker and add ice to three-quarters full. Shake until well chilled, then strain into glass and serve with a slice of grapefruit or lime.