Recipe adapted from Patricia Wells's Bistro Cooking.
- 60 ml walnut oil (¼ cup)
- 1.2 kg desiree potatoes, cut into 1cm-thick slices
- 6 cloves garlic, peeled and finely chopped
- 1 cup flat-leaf parsley leaves, finely chopped (loosely packed)
- 1 bunch chives, thinly sliced
- 1 pinch freshly grated nutmeg
- 1Heat walnut oil in a large heavy-based or cast-iron frying pan. Add half the potatoes and cook, turning occasionally, over medium-high heat for 10 minutes or until golden and tender. Using a slotted spoon, transfer potatoes to an absorbent paper-lined plate and repeat with remaining potatoes.
- 2In a large bowl, combine potatoes with garlic, herbs and nutmeg, season to taste with sea salt and freshly ground black pepper and toss to combine. Serve immediately with grilled fish or steak.