- 1 kg green prawns, peeled, veins and tails removed, and finely chopped
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 8 small sourdough rolls, halved
- To serve: butter, softened
- To serve: finely shredded iceberg lettuce
Preserved lemon mayonnaise
- 1 egg yolk
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tsp Dijon mustard
- 300 ml olive oil
- 1 tbsp finely chopped preserved lemon
- 1Season prawns to taste with sea salt and ground black pepper and form into 8 patties.
- 2For mayonnaise, process egg yolk, juice and mustard in a food processor until pale and frothy, then add oil in a thin steady stream until combined. Add lemon, stir and season to taste.
- 3Heat oil in a frying pan and cook patties over medium heat for 2 minutes each side or until just cooked. Spread rolls with butter, top with lettuce, patties, mayonnaise and serve.
The Latest from Gourmet Traveller
- DestinationsThe best places to visit in Queenstown, New ZealandYesterday 2:30am